Published by the Center for the Study of The Great Ideas (founded in 1990 by Mortimer J. Adler and Max Weismann)
In association with the The Adler-Aquinas Institute and Aquinas School of Leadership
A Founding Member of the Alliance for Liberal Learning

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Getting to know Hillsdale College

Newspaper writer Matthew Maneval returns to school at a local college but reports, at The Hillsdale Daily News, that his interests go beyond assigned reading.
"As the saying goes, I really did have 'two sets of books.' When my class work and reading was finished for the week I would take the bus down to Columbus German village and spend hours in the gem that is The Book Loft. I would pick out something like Spinoza, Plato or Twain and that would be my weekend reading. Writers such as these are the ones I wanted to meet. ...

"In my efforts to become a little more familiar with Hillsdale College I discovered they offer free online courses. And one of them just so happens to be a literature course: 'Great Books 102: Renaissance to Modern.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment