Published by the Center for the Study of The Great Ideas (founded in 1990 by Mortimer J. Adler and Max Weismann)
In association with the The Adler-Aquinas Institute and Aquinas School of Leadership
Member of the Alliance for Liberal Learning

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Getting to know Hillsdale College

Newspaper writer Matthew Maneval returns to school at a local college but reports, at The Hillsdale Daily News, that his interests go beyond assigned reading.
"As the saying goes, I really did have 'two sets of books.' When my class work and reading was finished for the week I would take the bus down to Columbus German village and spend hours in the gem that is The Book Loft. I would pick out something like Spinoza, Plato or Twain and that would be my weekend reading. Writers such as these are the ones I wanted to meet. ...

"In my efforts to become a little more familiar with Hillsdale College I discovered they offer free online courses. And one of them just so happens to be a literature course: 'Great Books 102: Renaissance to Modern.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment