Published by the Center for the Study of The Great Ideas (founded in 1990 by Mortimer J. Adler and Max Weismann)
In association with the The Adler-Aquinas Institute and Aquinas School of Leadership
A Founding Member of the Alliance for Liberal Learning

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Which translation of 'War and Peace' should I read?

Patrick Crabtree at The Ospidillo News.

"There are essentially twelve English translations (or versions) of War and Peace to date, (if you count Bromfield's so-called 'Disney Version' and Komroff's radical abridgement of the Garnett translation -- see my notes below.) As I have already alluded to, abridgements of the work are on the market and I cannot generally recommend them for a first read. I've read all of the twelve available English-language versions, (a couple of them more than once.)"

(via Penny Parker at The Great Conversation)

#GreatBooksOfTheWesternWorld

No comments:

Post a Comment